Find a common meeting date and time:
Free multi-user real-time online editing:
- writeboard, password protection, modifications history
- collabedit, syntax highlighting, easy to use
- ietherpad, mail invitation, authorship colors (see clones as SplinePad, PrimaryPad or TypeWithMe)
Source code comments are also important for efficient team development.
- pydoc for Python scripts
- doxygen for any programming language. It generates a browsable documentation of the source code.
Control your code revision with a Concurrent Versions System (CVS). The general development cycle relies on 3 steps:
- get the latest version of the project
- improve a part of the project
- send your work to the server that merges all new incoming modifications
Eventually, if you have to compare (and merge) several versions of a same (text) file, you could use meld on Unix/Linux. If you know an equivalent for Max / Windows, drop a comment below.